MembershipMembership is open to older people who are no longer in full-time employment. In this section there is important information on:
Joining is simple. At each Monthly Meeting there is a special table set aside for potential new members to discuss membership. Application forms are available at that table and anyone joining receives a new member’s pack containing information leaflets and a copy off the latest Newsletter.
The membership application form has been revised to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will apply from 25th May 2018 in the United Kingdom and is an update to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
You can print a copy of the membership application form from this site, follow this link: membership application form. Please note the form has 2 sides. Most printers will have the facility to print double sided but don't worry if you have to print on two sheets.Application forms are available from the Membership Secretary:
21 Brockwood Crescent, Keyworth, Nottingham, NG12 5HQ
Tel. 0115 937 2898
Membership costs £15.00 for the year 1st March 2017 to 28th February 2018. New members joining between 1st September and 28th February pay a reduced fee of £7.50, with the exception of lapsed members (people who did not renew at the end of the previous membership year) who pay the full membership fee if they rejoin. If you are already an existing member of another U3A please let us know and deduct the £3.50 Third Age Trust Capitation Fee from your payment.
(Existing members of other U3As pay a reduced sum to reflect the £3.50 Capitation fee paid by each U3A to the Third Age Trust - the umbrella organisation for UK U3As - since only one Capitation Fee per member is payable regardless of the number of U3As of which a person is a member. Proof of membership of another U3A is required, a current membership card being adequate.)
Whilst we have been aware of this we have been waiting for The Third Age Trust (TAT) to issue guidelines for the individual U3As. These guidlines have now been received. In essence we now have to have your specific agreement to hold your information digitally. That information includes your name, address, telephone number, email address and an emergency contact. No other information is held and this information will NEVER be given to a third party or used for anything other than for the administration of Keyworth & District U3A. In the past our membershjip form has asked you to opt-out if you did not want the above information held digitally. The fundamental change as a result of GDPR is that you now have to OPT-IN by giving your express permission for the information to be held by us.
This means we do need you to complete a form of authority when you renew your subscription in 2018. This form can be printed from here - membership renewal form - and it must accompany your subscription renewal payment. Please note the form has 2 sides. Most printers will have the facility to print double sided but don't worry if you have to print on two sheets. The committee is sorry that we have to make this insistant but is sure thet you will understanbd that it is essential for us to comply with the new data protection regulations and is in your best interests.
You can find more information on the National Office website under Advice/Data Protection (which is in the members area, login needed).
To be eligible you must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year that is at least equal to the amount of tax that Keyworth & District U3A will reclaim on your subscription for that tax year. This is 25p of tax for every £1 of your subscription on or after 6 April 2008. If you pay income tax at a higher rate, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return if you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you.
You can print a copy of the gift aid declaration from this site: gift aid declaration form
Potential members of a group should contact the Group Leader whose details are given in each Newsletter and in the Interest Groups section of the website to ascertain whether places are available in the group and to obtain other details. New members are given a paper copy of the latest Interest Groups Booklet which can also be accessed on the website in the Documents section under 'Reference'.
Keyworth & District U3A issues a quarterly Newsletter to members. Since September 2010 the Newsletter has also been available in the Documents section of the website. In addition members receive the national magazine of the Third Age Trust, the cost of which is included within the membership fee.
- The Newsletter is issued four times a year; the deadlines for submissions are the 1st of March, June, September, December.
- Photographs are taken as a matter of record at U3A events and may be published in the newsletter or on the website. www.keyworthu3a.org.uk
- Items for inclusion can be sent by e.mail (in Word format) or ordinary mail (as typed or manuscript documents). If handwriting, please CAPITALIZE any names or unusual words.
- Pictures, drawings or diagrams are particularly welcome, but if sending these electronically, please ensure they are in JPEG (jpg) format, sized, where possible, to 5” on the longest side.
- If you wish original documents to be returned, please include an envelope with your name on, or s.a.e.
- The Editor reserves the right to hold articles over for future editions if necessary.
- The Newsletter is copyright to Keyworth & District U3A and the authors of articles and illustrations. No part may be reproduced in any form without the prior permission of the editor and authors. Any opinions are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Editor or the Committee of Keyworth & District U3A.
- If you would prefer to receive this newsletter by e.mail, or if you would prefer to receive this Newsletter in large print format, please notify the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org or any Committee member.