We have received a grant from the Big Lottery Fund for equipment for our organisation.
WHAt's ON - 2013 Events Archive
Memory WorkshopsAll those who signed the Interest List were invited to the Pre-Course Seminar on Friday 11th January 2013. Twelve members were offered places: The first Memory Workshops course was held on four consecutive Fridays: 15th and 22nd February, and the 1st and 8th March 2013 in the Centenary Lounge.
booking form on the East Midlands U3As website.
The first one is held at Harper Adams University College Newport, near Telford from Monday 15th July to Thursday 18th July. There are nine courses to choose from including for example: Art of the 20th Centry – from Fauvism to Post-Modernism; France – regards sur la France actuelle; Geology – The Legacy of the Ice Age on the Cheshire/Shropshire Plain; Recorder Ensemble Playing.
The second is held at The Royal Agriculture College,
Cirencester from Monday
19th August to Thursday 22nd August.
on the Third Age Trust website. Ideally Keyworth U3A should be represented at the meeting, anyone interested should contact Ken Doyle as the representative could have the non-residential booking fee paid by Keyworth U3A.
6 tutored online courses will be available in the autumn. For information on how to enrole go to the online courses website of the TAT.
• Short stories – Angela Gamby – expected start date 15 September
• Just Before Victoria – David Hopker – expected start date 30 September
• Three Viking Women – Val Banister – expected start date 30 September
• The First World War; the Home Front – Verne Hardinham – expected start date 30 September
• Digital Imaging – Peter and Sheila Reid – expected start date 30 September
• An Introduction to Anglo Saxon Poetry – Val Bannister – expected start date 30 September
If you would like full
details of the courses and a booking form they can be downloaded here.